Labels

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yesterday was Uttarayan, aka Kite Flying day…

And first time in my life, I am not at Terrace, not in Gujarat in 26 years and yet I have no regrets for that… actually got two friends phone in the morning,, at that time felt sad for few minutes only.. nothing more...

When I was kid, I never ever thought I will not celebrate Uttarayan some day… I remembered there was always 2nd semester exams falls during these times of year and there was always dilemma weather to study or to fly kite… choice between boredom n fun and as always fun wins….. n it was great fun.. whole day with friends at Terrace, kites, songs loudly coming from speakers, Chikki n off course Cool chicks…

And I remembered, dad was not much interested in Uttarayan… he went to office to do work alone n only came at terrace for hour or two in the evening and I always wonder why… why dad was not interested in kite flying and more interested in work but today I can understand why…. Goals of life changed now… earlier flying kite high n cut other kites are far more important than getting good marks in exam… now finish work before deadline is more important than spending whole day at terrace with friends… so that’s how it is.. That’s how life works…..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey…
You know it depends on how u perceive life..
Of course work’s important, and it should be given the topmost priority…agreed!!
But you should never ever miss out on things which gives pure joy to your heart….
Because this I feel is very imp to lead life…..in a joyous and a peaceful way….
Only then you will be able to work effectively and efficiently….
Balance is very important…

This is wat I personally feel!!!!
So next time take extra effort to have time to enjoy wat u like widout compromising ur work.. :)

I knw its not possible all d time…but u can always keep tryin…….. :)

Anonymous said...

wah taru descriptive power to mast che kevu pade ho...
the way u explain
better say scrpting power...
u hve taken up gud initiative...
really this wud give mre confidence on ur belief...

Bhavana said...

Hey Anish,
You sound quite matured to your age ;-)
Well I m sure you will get back to kite flying on Uttarayan days with your kids.