Labels

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Less Expectation.. More Enjoyment...

Yesterday, I got increment and bonus letter from manager and then he asked me, Happy? I said.. 'More then happy... It is beyond my expectation (off course I don't tell him to take it back as its more then my expectation, in fact I am ready to accept more also)'. It seems that he is more happy or feel satisfied with my answer. He said, 'That's very good. Hardly folks here are happy'. I just smiled because I know, 80-90% employee in each hardly ever happy or satisfied with their salaries and still they do the job, stick to the company forever. and It was vice verse case for me (because I always thinking what the hell I am doing anything special that I am getting this much salary.. I still don't understand why IT engineers get more salaries compare to other engineers!!! but it was industry standards so I am enjoying on that :) ).
Just last year, during appraisal time at my previous company, HR declared there would be hardly any increment this year. Now that was the bullshit. They have not given any increment year ago due to recession and we all understood case but two year in row, not acceptable to me. So I decided its time to move on. and I landed at mumbai then with new company.
Now reason of enjoyment is that, during last month appraisal process, my manager told me that you had joined in August so you will not get appraised and get any ratings. You will get prorated increment and bonus. Now from my previous company's experience, I though it would be nothing so I am expecting same thing here, Big Nothing. and plus I had negotiated much (which is against my nature, I did it and I won it too.. yuppeeee.... ) during joining so I thought They would definitely count that too.
But After got letter, I am happy... more than satisfied... excited also you can say. So Lesson I learn, less expectation, more happiness. But its difficult to do. We have expectation from almost all things around us, from all people around us. Example, When I go to station daily to catch the train, I always expect Less crowdy train and also expect that train will come in a minute only. But then It hardly happens and it's aah.... disappointment. After few days, You have used to that and then suddenly from no where it happens and you feel overwhelming. So again your expectation rise for next day and it doesn't happen and..... Its life cycle... Some says, It checks your patience and It makes you strong, mentally. may be it is... what say....